A report from the field (ie back deck) as the snow fell and tens of thousands of customers lost power today in the granite state
I feel like some days I live on the Island of Misfit Toys, a reference from the claymation Christmas time flick from Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. My twenties and thirties as your humble newsie was formed because I was a misfit in the real world.
Sun makes you dumber. Or so according to the @MinifigNewsguy. Why? people don’t think critically, they are more emotional and they can’t think in order. Right now Daylight Saving Time (sic) had ended overnight on 2:00 AM Eastern Standard Time on November 6th, following 2:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, of which is how you “gain an hour of sleep”. Also as of this writing, the 2022 Midterm elections are a day away, and again it feels like a primary election weather wise.
It’s official: Masculinity is a crisis, but instead of trying to address, you’re attacking the most vulernable groups, the most sacred groups, men, young dudes, etc. Whether you’re fringe and cringe pickup artist, or a mens fashion youtuber that’s a woman, or a “feminist that loves men” and hosts a podcast – ALL of you are creating a ongoing toxic culture! Watch for a 38 minute video of where I came, how 2021 came to be, and how 2022 has been something that in 2017, would rattle my cage, given all the baggage I still carry. to. this. day!
Introducing the new paywall called MinifigNewsguy+
For $5 a month on Patreon, you can learn more stuff, all original content. No airchecks or montages or Resyncs.
- Learn specific newsgathering technology
- How to build your own news hub in your home
- How to save money build your own surface and production bays and avoid the expensive name brand stuff like *eatstone and others
- How to build specific Lego newsgathering (vans, live trucks, studio equipment, etc.)
- And other tech, pre and post production how-tos.
I’ve done other full blown WordPress scribes and attempted to do a paywall, but it wasn’t successful with my followers. With subscribing you are paying for the time and resources required to make this site possible including but not limited to (but not keeping the lights on or food on the table)
- The annual costs for domain name registration
- The annual costs for offsite hosting
- Supplemental costs for business internet for producing my content
- Additional expenditures for the purposes of producing broadcast grade content for digital.
My first Patreon paywall post is the a spoof in Dirty Jobs and it focuses on crappy work in local news.
Tonight at 7:30 pm ET will be the Minibrick State Governor’s Debate.
I’ll be the technical director of this live stream, maybe I’ll win a participation trophy?
I was minding my own business on YouTube a couple weeks ago and saw in the comments of this video, they were not sure who the voice over was…